Friday, March 13, 2009

Should I retire even if my wife says no?

I have worked for 32 years for Wash. State DOT and am70 years old. Will I live longer if I keep working?



You need to do what is best for you. Consider your finances. Would you be able to afford to retire? Do you have hobbies that you could give your time to such as golf, traveling or painting? Try to find out why your wife wants you to keep working. Is she afraid that you are not financially ready or will be underfoot? Communication could go a long way.




When my husband said he was retiring I cringed, he's very high maintenance and I was already retired. I had visions of my days tied up taking care of his every whim. He's been retired for almost 2 years, has lots of activities, we do a lot together, and it's been great. Talk to your wife and find out if she's concerned about your finances or just having you under foot all day. Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family & Relationships