Friday, March 13, 2009

Something my dad said, and I would like your thoughts?

I was having a conversation with my dad not too long ago, and he said that, basically, a man's way of thinking is analytical (sort of an abrupt, not always delicate, problem solver), and a woman's way of thinking is emotional (listening to the problem, hugs, etc etc).





Now, before you guys jump to conclusions and say my dad is sexist, he's not. He has a realist view on things (which I sort of inherited from him), and I value his opinions. You can't be on Earth for 48 years and not learn something, haha.





Of course, there are slight variations here and there. Some men will be a little more emotional when trying to solve this or that, and some women will be a little more callous and analytical. He said that I'm pretty analytical minded, which, to me, was a huge complement. Emotions get in the way of right and wrong sometimes.





Do you agree with what Dad said? What category do you think you fall under?



I don't believe that Emotions get in the way of right and wrong - anytime


In a Civilize Society we have Laws, (religion also) so there are no gray area in right and wrong.





In the short version yes, your father is correct. But, with so many families having only one parent, you will emulate the one you respect the most.





I am a female, with a type A personality leaning towards Analytical




I totally understand your dad's way of looking at things, because it makes sense. Women are usually more compassionate and motherly then men are, and men pay attention to more of the story then how you felt when the act was taking place.




Agree. I fall under the male category.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family & Relationships